Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,700 Likes: 2
Top 100 Poster
|
Top 100 Poster
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,700 Likes: 2 |
Hey Donna,
Can I ask why you would submit for general consideration, rather than a specific project ? Just curious, and I won't bite your head off.
cheers, niteshift Thanks for the question, nite.  Two reasons I submitted to general rather than specific: 1. I liked the bio and credits of the woman who expressly stated she's looking for music placements for films and soundtracks. I'm mainly interested in knowing what her response is to the song in general. While I'm making a point of not 'hoping' - and wasting energy that way  - for great feedback or an outright 'connection', I do 'hope' that if she responds, she'll offer advice on what direction I might take with the song or others that I've written in that genre. 2. The people looking for specific projects are interested in genres other than theatre/film/tv, or in finding musicians, singers, or producers to work with themselves or to provide for specific artists. One woman is looking for singers/dancers to audition for a musical. At the moment, it's really just about getting my feet wet.  I liked the woman's credentials, and wanted to test the BT waters. Remember, I'm a lyricist, and thus far I've only worked with online collaborators. Hence, I probably have less to offer than a 'proper' band or artist. Donna
Honour the Earth. Without it, we'd be nowhere.
Life is too important to take seriously.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,083
Posts1,185,777
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|