Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,997
Top 20 Poster
|
OP
Top 20 Poster
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,997 |
Hi Gang This is the title track and final on my new CD which is now completed finally after nearly three years. It is the only song with vocals on the CD. Almost didn't make it on there. The musical idea started so long ago I can't even remember perhaps 15 years or so. But I never set words to it. In recent years the absolute draining experiences with the music BUSINESS had set the tone for the lyrics of the song. But still I could not clamp it down. Then the other impossible task of finding a diagnosis and or help for my health issues was even more frustrating and unbelievable then anything musical I'd ever encountered. Once combining the two, the message started coming through much clearer. I asked two young singer/songwriters who we mentor and produce here two sing on this with me, for one I couldn't see having a CD without them on it. And two - I wanted too pass the torch on too them. They have what it takes in all regards, I could sense that from the day I met them. While they said to me "Are you really retiring like we heard, not making music anymore"? I told them I'll always make music I HAVE too. But as far as the game and what it takes to get back to where I was and beyond is too much now. It's a young and healthy persons game, and these kids can do it. They as writers even as young as they are 15 & 13 new upon hearing the line "I can't find the words" that double meaning was there and all over this song. Yes I am tired of trying to come up with lyrics... I have nothing to say anymore. I think 61 doctors can do that too you TAKING ON FOREVER PART B (Mike Caro ©2011)http://soundcloud.com/substudio/taking-on-foreverTaking On Forever Give me a rope I'm sinking End of the road I'm thinking I know it sounds absurd But I can't find the words I close my eyes One more day maybe tomorrow Can't wait until tomorrow it's time There's the road But it's so hard I've lost the will to go And that road won't come to me There's the road But it's so long If you got the wheels to go Then maybe you'll chauffeur me There's a place I've never been It's outside the rules that keep me in Never knowing all it's worth It's the wanting that hurts What lies ahead Moves in a way that I can't follow No shame or blame to borrow it's mine There's the road But it's so hard I've lost the way to go And that road wont come to me There's a road but it's so long And the winding way it goes To some day the'll know It's the road that brings you down Breaks your heart, and leaves you wondering Solo There's the road But it's so hard I've lost the way to go And that road wont come to me There's a road but it's so long And the winding way it goes Too some day the'll know ooh oooooooh There's the road Mi Na Shin - Violins Jimmy Alvera - Drums Kacey 15 - Backing Vocal & end solo vocal Julia 13 - Backing Vocal & bridge vocal Mike Caro - All instruments & vocal Produced By Mike CaroSo it's a personal song but put some headphones on and listen as I put everything in the house in the song. Put my heart & soul into my Les Paul during the solo. And 15 year old Kacey takes an epic ending and vocally OWNS it.. with passion and heart.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,090
Posts1,185,792
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|