|
7 members (Fdemetrio, texritter, Everett Adams, bennash, Michael W. Brown, 2 invisible),
58,740
guests, and
6,057
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,997
Top 20 Poster
|
OP
Top 20 Poster
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,997 |
Thanks Mark, I appreciate your time checking it out. Also reminded me to fix my credits. I played most of the drums on my album but was not the drummer on this one. I wasn't able to play that night so my friend did. When I play them I use a click track and never miss a beat, I mean like never! lol Money betting never lol Three hours a day with a metronome and the pad and recording drums every other night of the week will do that  But when someone can't it's way worse trying to make them play to one, so this one song was done live no click. Countless songs and recordings have been done without them, so I was cool with that on this.. And especially since it's a Rock song it really didn't hurt it too much. Also snare drums in many rock songs are pretty loud. It's a vintage deep Slingerland chrome snare With the extra wide springs installed underneath. Miked top & bottom... Ah unless he switched out snares that night, hard for me to remember  He uses a thinner one very very tight. more knock in it. A bit hot or loud? yeah! especially during the ending fade, obnoxiously high or loud? I don't think so.  Way too many others in the control room would have pointed that out. If I was even to re-visit it I'd maybe just squash it some more to keep it more consistent. I like your material too by the way, it's funny that you play drums but all the songs have no drums. Don't let the songwriter you take that away  Thanks
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,074
Posts1,185,767
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|