Originally Posted by Little_stevie_b
A really cool tune Michael. Can't go wrong with Guy Clark and Townes Van Zandt...or Robert Earl Keen or Lyle Lovett or any of those Texas singer/songwriters. I'm not into Country per se but love those kind of people who defy categorization if categorization is a real word, lol. This fits in nicely. It's got some noise and hiss from the four track but that can be taken out. Be happy to do it for you if you can't do it yourself.
I like the song references in there by the way.

Stevie


Wow! A fellow Guy and Townes fan!

I also love Keen (have you heard "Merry Christmas From the Family" ? That song changed my life!) and Lovett.

I just realized...about the song references, that "Billie Jo's just layin' low" maight be confusing, since "Billy Joe Royal" sang Down in the Boondocks" --the next line in the song! So maybe I should change those lines "I know Billie Jo Mcallister's/down in the boondocks"

Anyway, it's great to know you are a kindred spirit of the Texas roots music scene, or whatever they're calling it these days...

Mike



Fate doesn't hang on a wrong or right choice
Fortune depends on the tone of your voice

-The Divine Comedy (Neil Hannon)
from the song "Songs of Love"
from the album "Casanova" (1996)