Originally Posted by Sunset Poet
Doomsday?

A great swath of humanity is about to lose its job to AI at the same time that debt and mismanagement could devolve the economy into a generational contraction.
I just dont know. Kind of glad that I am old.

Personal strategy:
Learn how to add AI to my skill sets and see where it leads.

Marty

Could be doomsday if a (rogue member/s of a) world power w/nukes thinks it's their mandate to stop the advance of AI at all costs, and so decides to set-in-motion the nuking of the entire planet back into the Middle Ages. Look for this movie on Netflix in the coming months, haha.

Progress will have its work-force causalities. Always has, dating back to the discovery of "the wheel" and those bitter early cavemen, embracing their summertime sleds to the bitter end. wink

I'm sure there's many a bitter "animator" out there; though if you work for Disney, they will have jobs for you (as they've embraced AI), as "animators" have an edge learning AI animation over those who don't know the first thing about drawing or the creation of animated films.

Same, I'm sure with Architecture AI. Your prior architectural knowledge gives you an edge. I'd at least like to think?

I think your "personal strategy" is a good one. Can't hurt...You could wind up finding the AI useful in your work. You'd be in charge of it, not the other way around, don't forget that...

Last edited by Michael Zaneski; 04/13/24 11:44 PM.

Fate doesn't hang on a wrong or right choice
Fortune depends on the tone of your voice

-The Divine Comedy (Neil Hannon)
from the song "Songs of Love"
from the album "Casanova" (1996)