|
8 members (Fdemetrio, texritter, Everett Adams, bennash, Michael W. Brown, Sunset Poet, 2 invisible),
65,889
guests, and
6,073
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,776 Likes: 24
Top 50 Poster
|
OP
Top 50 Poster
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,776 Likes: 24 |
After listening to several of the udio tracks I've noticed all were quantized, kind of a robotic feel. Even the vocals sound quantized. I'm not worried until this technology Advances to a more human feel.
John I don't know, John...listen to this simple piano piece I "created" in Udio: https://soundcloud.com/michael-j-za...ium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharingFull of accelerandos, ritardandos, pauses...it's like the pianist is improvising, thinking about what to play next, leaning back in the chair to slow the tempo slightly, forward to speed it slightly. Musicians and composers like you/me, have an advantage, here. I mean, I know how to get the music genie to give me an unquantized sound: I ask specifically for that in my written prompt... It has a dreamy feeling to it. Did you write all the notes? Or just submit a phrase or so? I'm not fond of the piano sound on this. It would be interesting if you'd do a home version of this on your workstation for comparison. Here's a piano track I composed in the style of George Gershwin. I don't see this technology doing something like this: http://schicksville.com/The%20Days%20of%20Gershwin.mp3Very Gershwin-y indeed! Yes, more "presence" in your virtual piano than what Udio created, but I DO like that in the Udio piece it did not mess up the sustain pedal though it was used all the way through. Your piece was very nice, btw...
Fate doesn't hang on a wrong or right choice Fortune depends on the tone of your voice
-The Divine Comedy (Neil Hannon) from the song "Songs of Love" from the album "Casanova" (1996)
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,074
Posts1,185,767
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|