Originally Posted by Craig Allen
It does have a dreamy feel to it. Just doesn’t measure up to John’s Gershwin. And maybe the Udio team would agree for now. All very interesting. John mentioned that his sync. publisher (who places his music) would not allow any AI assist. I would suspect they’d want to stay away from this due to any copyright issues that might come up in the future. Michael: on the Wordsworth attempt, did you direct it to sound like the Moody Blues? It does a bit, but though the prosody might work okay with this, the music is kinda monotonous. Looks like you’re figuring this out along the way. Looking forward to more songs to hear how this evolves.

Yes, probably a copyright issue thing concerning AI usage w/John's publisher.

About the two piano piece, that's fair to say, and I agree somewhat, but also think comparing the two piano pieces is a little apples/oranges in that they have entirely different directives. IOW, John's piece isn't going for dreamy and mine isn't going for "early 20th century Cosmopolitan."

Didn't prompt for The Moody Blues. It was solely an experiment to see if I could get consistent form and music, and so "monotonous" is an appropriate response, since my main goal was consistency from start to end, since that is the last unconquered territory of music AI, and it truly did succeed in making the last three sections very similar, albeit too similar to not sound monotonous to some LOL...and that's okay...it successfully sang the entire lyric while keeping a coherent structure and that was the goal. Creating a masterpiece the first day I use ANY software is not something I am attempting, so thanks for understanding that...I save that for day 4...make that day 44. wink

I rather like the composition it created and will probably add a voice either up a third or an octave to give it more emotion.

Last edited by Michael Zaneski; 04/14/24 10:21 PM.

Fate doesn't hang on a wrong or right choice
Fortune depends on the tone of your voice

-The Divine Comedy (Neil Hannon)
from the song "Songs of Love"
from the album "Casanova" (1996)