|
6 members (Michael W. Brown, KyleCrawford, Gary E. Andrews, bennash, texritter, 1 invisible),
65,065
guests, and
5,630
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,403
Top 40 Poster
|
Top 40 Poster
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,403 |
Clicks? I was hopin' we was talking about how many *chicks* we got from our plays. Whatever happened to priorities?<g>
Like Graham, I minimize the number of places where my music's at, because I don't have a lot of time. Virtually everything is on Soundclick; I have a MySpace site, too (daughter talked me into it), so I have 3 songs (of a possible 4) posted there, too. For some reason, MySopace gets more attention--but the people who play the songs there rarely, if ever, comment. And I am interested in feedback. (*Not* the kind you can get by turning tha amp up to 11.)
Yep, Soundclick has got a rapper problem. There are a couple of the boards they haven't succeeded in running everybody out of--Country and Seniors--but they still invade every now and then (and hopefully get banned for spamming). I don't mind too much as long as people are listening to my stuff.
My bigger worry about Soundclick is it has so many subscribers, and appears to be running with such an antiquated operating system (I've seen Windows NT error messages some of the times it's gone off the air), I fear it may fall apart one of these days oif its own weight and be unable to be revived.
I accordingly have looked for an alternative place to stash music for when (not "if") Soundclick dies, and this iacmusic might be worth a look. I have high-speed Internet now, so that's not a worry. (As little as 10 months ago, it was.) I do not like the idea of having to pay for it, though. My Soundclick account is free, and I have some 50 songs posted there. And I have a second artist account there--also free--that I use for works in progress. It would be nice, too, if it were a place that had enough traffic so I could get some attention. Attention, after all, is the name of the game. I have subscribed to a couple of other sites that I later abandoned because there wasn't any traffic to speak of.
Joe
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,061
Posts1,185,724
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|