Hi All,

Kristi, you are not alone, I'm reading along too. It's good to have an inquiring mind. Thanks Jack for this educational experience. Not to deviate from what is happening here but if I may ask/say something here in reference to what Jack said above about "interval leaps". Would I be correct to say that a extreme example of that is in the song "Unchained Melody" that most of us are familiar with. Could we use the part where at the end of the song he sings (or rather belts out)

"I NEED your love" (the word "need" there is sung so extrememly high and sets it apart from the other words that it stands out in a very apparent way and yet it is wonderful???) Now during the rest of the song the word "need" is treated as usual but it's at the end where they throw in this surprise and it's I think part of what helps to make the song so memorable. Is that infact called the interval or does it go by another name???

Sorry to interrupt but I thought if you answered, both Kristi and I could be complete in our understanding. Thank you in advance.

Best,
Lynn

Last edited by Lynn Orloff; 02/03/08 01:07 PM.

My Music at Soundclick
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=788266

~call it a blessing or call it a curse, but I see all of life in verse~

Always open to collaborations smile

God Bless Our Military!!!