|
8 members (texritter, Guy E. Trepanier, CTthomas, Gary E. Andrews, Michael W. Brown, Fdemetrio, bennash, 1 invisible),
39,526
guests, and
6,085
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 3,831 Likes: 2
Top 100 Poster
|
Top 100 Poster
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 3,831 Likes: 2 |
Believe it or not, I'm with ya! (or let's say I'm not lost!)  Phew! BUT... Jack, you said there are no note values yet. Okay, that sort of boggles my mind. But that's okay. We forge on... May I ask though, you said the rhythm will influence the note lengths....what do you mean by rhythm there? The chord explanation is excellent. Brought me right back to the basement of Mrs. Johnson's house on Saturday mornings...but I'm gonna have to print that out like Mark suggested for point of reference...thank you for that detailed account. I guess I'll wait for your explanantion about how to use these chords, because that is where my questions lie. When I write a melody, I find the notes and note values first. But it gets complicated for me when I want to spruce it up with stuff...like chords! The one-handed melody line is actually fun for me when I get into it, it's when I go to assign the chords where it gets tricky...and this seems to be where we are here now... I'm feeling positive about all this...just hope I don't step off the cliff on the next round...!  Kristi
A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself. What a man can be, he must be. -- Abraham Maslow, American Psychologist
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,075
Posts1,185,769
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|