|
8 members (Kay-lynn Carew, bennash, KyleCrawford, texritter, Everett Adams, Michael W. Brown, Gary E. Andrews, 1 invisible),
75,521
guests, and
5,629
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 3,831 Likes: 2
Top 100 Poster
|
Top 100 Poster
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 3,831 Likes: 2 |
Wait, wait, wait! Hang on a minute....I'll speak for all of us who don't have access to the internet at work! And I agree, it does take a little while to let everything sink in!  Here's my questions: (you may be sorry you asked) I sat at the piano and played those numbers like they were notes, but what I'm wondering is, have you considered what kind of notes they are yet? Which ones are quarter notes, half notes? You say there is a preliminary melody and I hear that to an extent but am I missing it? The other thing I'm wondering is, (okay, so I'll probably never get that "7 implies fifth" thing...that's okay). But, you said to play around with the sounds and see if we could hear a chord pattern. That is exactly what I want to know. Where do those chord patterns develop from? I think I may know the answer, but I want to hear what you say. Jack, you went thru it step by step, and it's been great to see it unfold so far... 
A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself. What a man can be, he must be. -- Abraham Maslow, American Psychologist
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,061
Posts1,185,727
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|