|
6 members (bennash, Michael W. Brown, texritter, Guy E. Trepanier, Everett Adams, 1 invisible),
36,767
guests, and
5,855
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 3,831 Likes: 2
Top 100 Poster
|
Top 100 Poster
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 3,831 Likes: 2 |
a way to find melodies that work well with a lyric is to take advantage of those indiosyncratic ways we say the words to evolve a melody from it. To make a fully formed melody you will end up exaggerating those idiosyncracies, but the advantage to doing it is you are not trying to shoe-horn words into a mismatched melody. You are, instead, letting the words themselves build the melody for you. Jack- Yes, I think that is the best way to do it. Makes perfect sense. Depending upon the emotion, the words would be said differently too. As long as it's natural to the mood, feeling, you can't go wrong, wouldn't you agree? Jim-Yeah, I remember them (Yes). I didn't collect their albums, no, but progressive rock, I don't even know what that is, so I can't say. I like country music, but I like other styles better. I was trying to get a feel for what you were saying regarding that song, but.. Got another one I can try to appreciate?
A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself. What a man can be, he must be. -- Abraham Maslow, American Psychologist
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,083
Posts1,185,779
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|