|
8 members (texritter, Michael W. Brown, Everett Adams, KyleCrawford, Raymond Byabazaire, Gary E. Andrews, 2 invisible),
67,156
guests, and
6,059
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,788
Top 40 Poster
|
Top 40 Poster
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,788 |
Hi Stephen,
You still have the same great voice and style. Real quick on the asthma, two things that most definintely help and are natural, are green apples and weight lifting and lots of both!!
On the song...very nice. Two things. I think your Chorus goes too long and it would be better if you shortened it a bit. I wanted to take off the last 4 lines of it but I see that is where your hook is.
You Have:
You'd climb the highest mountain. Swim the deep blue sea. And you'll love her for eternity. Cross the desert sands. Grab a star with your two hands. And hand it to her proudly for the world to see. So in love but you know it's such a shame. That she barely knows your name. I only have this foolish heart I have to blame. 'Cause she barely knew my name
How about:
You'd climb the highest mountain. Swim the deep blue sea. And you'll love her for eternity. Cross the desert sands. Grab a star with your two hands. And hand it to her proudly for the world to see.
or this:
You'd climb the highest mountain. Swim the deep blue sea. And you'll love her for eternity. Cross the desert sands. Grab a star with your two hands. And hand it to her proudly for the world to see. I only have this foolish heart I have to blame. 'Cause she barely knew my name
(here is just removed two lines at the end part but kept your hook in tact)
Also while I love rhymes I think you need just one less rhyme to be consistent and to make it sound less rhymy if you will.
At this part:
But I knew there'd come a day. I'd love again. Come what may. Meet the girl to be my bride and steal her heart away.
I would leave the third line not rhyming with the first two because you don't rhyme all 3 lines anywhere else in your song and it doesn't need to rhyme there anyway. It's almost good to have a non-rhyming break there.
Best, Lynn Did you ever think of posting your original version of "She's The One" on your Soundclick in addition to the revised version. Both are good it's just there was something about that original version that I favored. I hope you are pitching that song!!!
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,064
Posts1,185,735
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sometimes reaching a goal earlier than planned is a great achievement. It shows you have worked hard, pushed ahead and made it happen. However, sometimes reaching a goal far past your original deadline, long after you wanted to complete it, and after the accolades you might once have gotten for the achievement are over, it is an even greater achievement. This shows you never gave up, due to adversity, deficit, criticism and those little life detours that end many dreams and goals. In many ways, this is a reason for even more pride!" -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
There are no members with birthdays on this day. |
|
|
|