|
7 members (Andy K, Gary E. Andrews, Bill Draper, Michael W. Brown, bennash, 2 invisible),
48,845
guests, and
6,196
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,409
Top 200 Poster
|
Top 200 Poster
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,409 |
Lol Ricki,
Your singing is always good, didn't mean that at all. I love your sound, always reminds me of Carol King for some reason, who is one of my favorites.
Maybe I shouldnt have said anything if I can't explain it correctly, lol. It just felt like the lyrics were still in the forming stage in some parts, like how I write. I may sing a song time after time after time with different changes in the lyrics before I decide on final ones and say it is done. And I still may change my mind later on! I guess I just felt their could be a few spots that could do with tightening up a little?
Not meaning to offend you at all Ricki, but I respect your skill and talent enough to give you my true thoughts, because I want it to be the best it can be for you. You have a great writing style to me.
I don't want to just comment on songs I love and think are perfect, although I do tend to find myself doing that alot. I wanted to comment on this one because I think it has potential to be better and know you have the skill to do it.
I am no pro critiquer, so remember it is just one amateur opinion on just one of your songs. I ususally love them to death, lol. This takes alot out of me to be even a little negative, so remember how much I like your style and you!
Letha
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,101
Posts1,185,833
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|