|
3 members (bennash, Everett Adams, 1 invisible),
42,076
guests, and
5,968
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,114
Top 40 Poster
|
Top 40 Poster
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,114 |
Jim, we are both satisfied with the way we live. That's OK. I don't know real estate law in the UK, nor the US, but I do know what I personally own, and have no complaints about the Gov't system yet. I pay my FAIR share of property taxes which I believe is fair. We should pay taxes. We shouldn't be charged more for taxes because some bureaucrat believes that I'm somehow rich because I own property.
I only used the property scenario because that is the epitome of success in the US. It is also "The American Dream". We are in a mess right now because certain politicians believed that "The American Dream" should be had by every citizen regardless of their ability to maintain and pay back lenders. That failed miserably. There are lazy people in this world who will not pay for anything. That's a fact.
Yes Big Jim, you are a socialist and I've known that for a long time. I won't argue with you because it's pointless. I still think that you're a cool guy. Ben
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,099
Posts1,185,827
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|