|
7 members (Gary E. Andrews, texritter, KyleCrawford, Guy E. Trepanier, Michael W. Brown, CTthomas, 1 invisible),
15,019
guests, and
5,430
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,430
Top 100 Poster
|
OP
Top 100 Poster
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,430 |
Boy, did I just enjoy reading all of today's critiques! Wow. I best get replyin'! Ria-- Thanks for pointing out my dumb typo. I fixed it right away. And yeah, there's sure no way I can do all 26 letters, nor would I want to. Thanks for the visit. Stan-- No offense towards anyone else, but I think your critique is the most important to me, since a fun lyric like this is more or less up your alley. I'm glad you like it, but who knows? Maybe that was just those zins talkin'. ![[Linked Image]](http://www.justplainfolks.org/ubb/wink.gif) Thanks for stopping by! Jim-- Thanks for the visit. I tried two approaches to cutting the letters short already. I like the one I used best, with the "I" in it appearing after the H sentence. I appreciate you dropping in. couch-- LOL! Literally! But, at the risk of becoming another flame war, I wish you would elaborate on your one-line critique. Aren't the bridge, the "I" line and the "pardon my French" one line after some actual French just the least bit funny or clever? Geez.... some people. ![[Linked Image]](http://www.justplainfolks.org/ubb/wink.gif) I'm always glad when you stop in, though. Bill-- Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it. ![[Linked Image]](http://www.justplainfolks.org/ubb/smile.gif) Tink-- Thanks for the preliminary kind words. I share your sentiments. I don't think couch means to be mean, though-- he just doesn't care enough to give a full critique, which is almost as offensive a policy anyway. I mean, if someone likes something and they want to give a one-line critique, that's fine, but if they don't like it and others do, I think an explanation is owed. Anyway, thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you again. ![[Linked Image]](http://www.justplainfolks.org/ubb/smile.gif) Sunny-- Unfortunately, this is too edgy and racy to be commercial. "B to Z" is a cheesy idea, anyway-- it's one step away from a dreaded pun hook. ![[Linked Image]](http://www.justplainfolks.org/ubb/wink.gif) So I just decided to have some quick fun with it. I'm glad you like it. Thanks for the visit! And Harriet-- For my "worst in a long time", I hereby refer you to "We All Need A Hand", which I posted a couple weeks ago. ![[Linked Image]](http://www.justplainfolks.org/ubb/wink.gif) To the contrary, I think this one is a lotta fun. It's got a mean edge to it, yeah, but I think the humor (or attempted humor, as you would see it) takes the edge off well. You could be right about the lack of rhythmic flow. I didn't smooth this out much before posting it, but when I do smooth things out, I get guys like Graham telling me I should fudge a bit on sillybillies, so who knows. ![[Linked Image]](http://www.justplainfolks.org/ubb/smile.gif) This lyric isn't your cup of tea, and that's fine. I'd be a lot more disappointed in myself if you gave this critique on a serious lyric of mine. Thanks for stopping in! BTW, this was unintentional, but it might be interesting to point out that I posted a song with a 25-letter alphabet on (in the U.S., anyway) a 23-hour day. ![[Linked Image]](http://www.justplainfolks.org/ubb/smile.gif) Thanks for all the replies. Keep 'em comin'! Anthony [This message has been edited by Anthony (edited 04-07-2002).]
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,048
Posts1,185,697
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|