|
7 members (texritter, KyleCrawford, Everett Adams, Michael W. Brown, Gary E. Andrews, bennash, 1 invisible),
66,821
guests, and
5,624
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 72
Serious Contributor
|
Serious Contributor
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 72 |
Hello Michelle, Although we are not experiencing the problem at our end, it's clear others are so we have since posted this link on the page: https://files.me.com/shortfuse.kfjc/e7l0g5Looking forward to hearing your reaction. And thanks for being interested enough to take a listen. Ya-ta-hey! rs Well, I'll be honest, and I haven't read the other comments. First of all, is the singer doing this as a joke? He's off-key, and you can't really understand what he's singing half of the time. He reminds me of that guy who started out doing a tribute to Elvis (Ronnie something?) A little too over-wrought. Additionally, the song is too long. And ending the lines with an "ish" sound isn't very appealing (no offense). Not that I listen to much modern country (I'm more in the Americana genre), but it doesn't sound very current. I honestly would not listen to this song again. In my opinion, you should start over. I don't like your hook at all. The story is okay, although it's been done a million times and done a million times better. I give you props, however, for your promotion skills. You've definitely got people commenting, but I would do something about the website. HostBaby has much better options available. Good luck to you. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but you kind of asked for it by hyping this song.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,061
Posts1,185,726
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|