I read most of the article but it is too early in the morning for that much information. In a way, I see these people doing things other religions did hundreds of years ago (burning witches, removing heads with a guillotine, fighting in the crusades, etc. etc.) and I look at them as having not evolved yet.

My gut reaction is to say build a wall around their caliphate and keep them in and others out until they catch up with the rest of the world (in a few hundred years?). Cut off their supply of weapons and food and any other imported items and they will crash and burn because they have no way of manufacturing anything themselves except possibly oil.

Ultimately, I think the more modernized middle eastern countries will have to step up to the plate. Egypt, Saudi Arabia, etc. are rich because they supply oil to the world and they want to continue that. They know they must contain these nutheads. The west will have to provide a lot of support.

They presently control a land area about the size of a medium US state. The terrain looks like New Mexico away from the irrigated sections. Finding the leaders is probably like looking for Bin Laden.....gotta check every cave in every hill.

We have to get inside the heads of the leaders and figure out what turns them on. We are used to leaders who want money, luxury and power. This bunch might be different to some extent. They no doubt want power, but they seem to enjoy cruelty and suffering more than money.

I suspect that our government and the Pres are a lot more concerned about them than they let on. They are walking the thin line between honoring our principles of religious freedom and taking out a bunch of religious radicals. They are careful not to bad mouth the normal Muslims while going after the terrorists. I expect Pres. Obama is glad to be leaving office after this term.....


Colin

I try to critique as if you mean business.....

http://colinwardmusic.com/

http://rosewoodcreekband.com/