|
9 members (bennash, texritter, Michael W. Brown, Everett Adams, KyleCrawford, Raymond Byabazaire, Gary E. Andrews, 2 invisible),
77,392
guests, and
6,065
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 964
Top 500 Poster
|
Top 500 Poster
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 964 |
9dB
Fascists wanted to displace those weaker countries and take them over, not help them as well as rule with a strong central leader for power control. You're looking at my idealistic view point from a paranoid perspective and I get how you could fear or distrust such ideology should it happen too quickly and controlled by too few. -- I'm not advocating that State governments would not have power over their own countries, but a world Federation that binds us together morally. That's why I why I spoke of a gradual process to bring unity to this world, certainly not oppression of the weak. Enough said, I don't claim that I have the best solution; I do believe however in this world we live with the real dangers of enemies we cannot see or just bomb off the map; a strategy or concept is needed that is based on saving this world from the nit-wits which may possibly or eventually be our only hope.
But really, do you think that I'm promoting fascism? Ludicrous. I don't think you really do, but maybe you just enjoy inciting contention or sensationalizing the issue rather than just debating or sharing ideas--similar on a smaller scale why people can't agree--egos just get in the way. If you have a better idea than just sticking with the status quo I'd love to hear it. Maybe you are right as well when you said let's just stick to how our government is presently handling the terrorist threats in our world, I'm certainly no political scientist, just someone who would like to see terrorism die. I just think for the long run, we need long run ideologies to keep the nuts from spoiling this beautiful planet, as band-aides don't last.
I have no more to say, cheers, see you in the music threads. I didn't catch your name, mine's Ed.
steady-eddie. “You need to study your history a bit better...” “so absurd and absolutely ridicules...” “You're looking at my idealistic view point from a paranoid perspective...” “maybe you just enjoy inciting contention or sensationalizing the issue rather than just debating or sharing ideas--similar on a smaller scale why people can't agree--egos just get in the way.” Eddie, When you use an ad hominem attack, you debase your argument. It's futile to debate someone who insults you. Regards, Bob aka 90 dB
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,064
Posts1,185,735
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sometimes reaching a goal earlier than planned is a great achievement. It shows you have worked hard, pushed ahead and made it happen. However, sometimes reaching a goal far past your original deadline, long after you wanted to complete it, and after the accolades you might once have gotten for the achievement are over, it is an even greater achievement. This shows you never gave up, due to adversity, deficit, criticism and those little life detours that end many dreams and goals. In many ways, this is a reason for even more pride!" -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
There are no members with birthdays on this day. |
|
|
|