Kurt,

We are going to have to dissagree because that is not what Liz told me personally in the past at an ASCAP party, or what she said last Wed, when she was asked that exact question at Third and Lindsley. And it is also not what Troy Tomlinson, the head of Sony music, who signed her to her deal at Sony, or what Scott Borchetta has said both privately to people and publiclly.It is also not what my friend Danny Wells who wrote with her before, nor two other writers who wrote with her before her success. And Liz wrote seven songs on her first album not all of them.

So we all have our sources. Mine dissagree with yours. And mine appear to be a lot closer to the source than either you or I.

As far as the investment for her Dad, yes it did work out well. Unlike thousands of other similar deals that have gone down since I have been here with everyone who thinks they can throw money at something and achieve certain results.

There are two camps on this. The people that think everything is manufactured and those that seem to find "devine inspiration" and that somethings just plain happen.

I only go on things people I trust actually tell me. They could be fooling me, of course, I was not there past meeting her when she first moved to town. I was not in the studio, was not in the writing session, I missed my chance. It doesn't matter to me one way or another, I recieve nothing from anyone on any of this.
MAB