Originally Posted by AaronAuthier
You can be on American Idol and not be all that special. I have watched most of the seasons and I can hardly remember 90% of the contestants. It's just a tv show to most people. They don't go out and buy their music on itunes after they are eliminated. There is no bigger picture to the American Idol audience. Unless you're in the top 5, you're not gonna be remembered but there are exceptions.


I know, but even the winners dont do all that well. A few have had huge careers but only a handful.

it may very well be that people are not blown away by modern music, and that if artists were making full length albums as good as Hotel Calfornia, Bat Out Of Hell, Dark Side Of The Moon, they would buy it.

Maybe we need to bring back vinyl, so that people have a product to hold in their hand, and dont mind buying it.

or maybe the cat is so far out of the bag, the music biz as we knew it is dead