|
5 members (Michael W. Brown, texritter, Everett Adams, Gary E. Andrews, 1 invisible),
32,992
guests, and
5,579
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/29/26 09:40 AM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,150 Likes: 87
Top 40 Poster
|
Top 40 Poster
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,150 Likes: 87 |
Bottomline, I think it’s the beginning of the end to originality and creativity by letting this application do your thinking for you. Which it basically is doing. Of course, I'm just an old codger set in my ways - ha, ha. Carry on, John  I like to think that I have an aptitude for writing. It's arguable that I dont. But I cling to the delusion. My personally recognized shortcomings are melody creation and melody loveliness. I strive for both, but end up... limited by a propensity to fall into the same familiar chord ruts and a limited vocal range. I am hopeful that I can get some help with that from this AI. I don't expect this to spit me out a good-to-go instrumented tune that I like (in 2024) but it may give me a chord progression/ vocal melody that I like and can work up and would have never arrived at entirely on my own. I plan to see. Stated another way...I like to write alone. It's therapeutic and puts me in the moment, but this may be the co-writer that I was looking for. (until the technology derives all the information that it can from me and people like me (betas) and leaves us discarded and unnecessary.  ) It's is likely that we are the employees who are training our replacements before being laid-off. Martin
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,052
Posts1,185,701
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|