Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 10,943 Likes: 3
Top 10 Poster
|
Top 10 Poster
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 10,943 Likes: 3 |
OK, IAC has updated the stats again -- I am not sure what the cut-off date for these numbers are, but here goes:
1.) IAC (joined Nov 1st) There's A Drought Going On Raw Plays: 155 Unique Plays: 148 This Band Oughta Disband Raw Plays: 126 Unique Plays: 121
1.) Soundclick: ALL of 2007! There's A Drought Going On: Plays: 140 This Band Oughta Disband" Plays: 77
The bottom line seems to be that you will get your stuff heard a lot more at IAC (if the stats are accurate). All I did was to say hello in the "pipeline" message board and then send request to 3 or 4 country stations to listen/add my songs to their station. This Band Oughta Disband made it onto the KIAC Hitline list on the IAC's page 1 -- but There's a Drought Going On still got more plays.
When I do my 2008 RPM Challenge CD is February, I may have to look at joining IAC Prime so I can post more than 2 songs (it seems pretty cheap). At that time, I will also decide if I want to try and sell some stuff -- if the tunes are good enough (but ya know, there's no accounting for tastes, LOL!).
I hope this helps.
Kevin
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,099
Posts1,185,826
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|