Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,403
Top 40 Poster
|
Top 40 Poster
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,403 |
Well, this may fall into the *other* exercise as well as this one. Big Jim, thanks, first. You triggered something. I did hear music when I read your lyrics, but they kind of morphed into something else (see?). And then, of course, the music turned out a little different to fit the lyrics. It became bluegrass instead of rock 'n' roll. (But everything I do comes out country, anyway.)
So here's my FWIW entry. It's got a little bit different focus--I "told" the "story" from the viewpoint of the *predator*. (I should offer the disclaimer that I do *not* do this kind of surfing in my spare time. Really.)
Here 'tis. And again, thanks.
Joe
[4/4, brightly]
LITTLE BEN, THE INTERNET SPIDER --J. Wrabek
1. Been (4)waitin’ here since school let out (1)Wond’rin’ what I’d see, You’re too (5)young to have a boyfriend But you’re (1)not too young for me; I got (4)better things for you to do Than (1)bein’ bored alone— Why (5)don’t you come and play with me And never go back (1)home?
CHORUS: I’m Little Ben the spider And I’ve got a World Wide Web, I’m after little boys and girls For fun companionship; I’ll teach ‘em about sex and drugs And things that they’ll regret And how their parents let me find them ‘Cause we’re on the Internet.
2. There’s a hundred chatrooms on the Web And I’m in every one Waitin’ for some little kid That’s out to have some fun; I tell the truth: I’m Little Ben At home on my P.C.; I don’t mention that I’m bald and thin And nearly sixty-three.
CHORUS: I’m Little Ben the spider And I’ve got a World Wide Web, I’m after little boys and girls For fun companionship; I’ll teach ‘em about sex and drugs And things that they’ll regret And how their parents let me find them ‘Cause we’re on the Internet.
3. Shoulda known my days were numbered And they’d finally make me stop; Last little girl who visited Was a six-foot-seven cop; They say I won’t get out of jail Till twenty fifty-three But if they let me keep my cell phone You can instant-message me.
CHORUS: I’m Little Ben the spider And I’ve got a World Wide Web, I’m after little boys and girls For fun companionship; I’ll teach ‘em about sex and drugs And things that they’ll regret And how their parents let me find them ‘Cause we’re on the Internet.
BRIDGE: Surfin’ the Web is lots of fun But watch out where you sail Take this tip from Little Ben In the Clatsop County Jail— Disconnect your computer And turn off your MTV And spend some time with your children ‘Fore they spend some time with me.
CHORUS: I’m Little Ben the spider And I’ve got a World Wide Web, I’m after little boys and girls For fun companionship; I’ll teach ‘em about sex and drugs And things that they’ll regret And how their parents let me find them ‘Cause we’re on the Internet.
TAG: Yes, your parents let me find you ‘Cause we’re on the Internet.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,099
Posts1,185,826
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|