Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,589 Likes: 1
Top 40 Poster
|
Top 40 Poster
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,589 Likes: 1 |
So I can see coming up with some sort of song without a lyric if you have this framework (theory) to go by. Without it, it's all just a bunch of notes and it's a free-for-all.
Now I get why so many people write songs before they know what the music will be! That quote says it all. See, when I first joined this forum I had a hard time understanding how someone could write that way. (I just wrote two of my last three that way...now I kinda like it.) Well, duh...that's because I had a map...I was always driving somewhere...but without that map, everything would have looked like a bunch of roads, all looking the same, so where the heck do we go? Well, I hope you try to write something instrumentally now, then fuse some lyrics to it. It's a real good feeling. Sometimes it's easier to write a cohesive song, because once you hear it, you know the mood...and it might be easier to write words in any mood than write music in any mood. Different strokes for different folks. -Sly Stone
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,097
Posts1,185,820
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|