Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 129
Serious Contributor
|
Serious Contributor
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 129 |
I don't believe there is a correct or incorrect formula, but definitely some interesting arguements here. Many artists have tinkered ... Stevie Wonder has some songs that are Chorus only, for example (I belive the song "Isn't She Lovely" is one such song). I have a tune (below) that has the chorus built into the verse (the music does not change, only lyrics). This creates an AAABA feel, even though it has a true Chorus. I also like to slightly alter key lyrics in my choruses so that they don't exactly repeat. In this song, the words "go, go, go" become "run, run, run," etc. Check it out: free audio on iLikeKentucky SunI can't live in the city anymore; too many women in the night. I'm headed for the Bluegrass State where people love the light and I will run. I'm on the run, run, run. Yeah, I gotta get to the Southland so I can see Kentucky sun. They call it "the meadow land," the "land of tomorrow." From the Cumberland waterfall, to the sassafras of Owensboro. I got to go, go, go. I'll find peace in the Southland underneath Kentucky sun. The riverbank near Louisville is "dark and bloody ground." Lush hills of goldenrods. And then there's the state fair grounds. There's enough for everyone. So get to the derby and help yourself to Kentucky sun. I'm not from the Big Apple with its neon night. I come from the Bluegrass State - I got to spread my wings and fly. And I'm on the run, run, run. So get to the Southland and help yourself to Kentucky sun. © Nick Edelstein (BMI)
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,064
Posts1,185,735
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sometimes reaching a goal earlier than planned is a great achievement. It shows you have worked hard, pushed ahead and made it happen. However, sometimes reaching a goal far past your original deadline, long after you wanted to complete it, and after the accolades you might once have gotten for the achievement are over, it is an even greater achievement. This shows you never gave up, due to adversity, deficit, criticism and those little life detours that end many dreams and goals. In many ways, this is a reason for even more pride!" -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
There are no members with birthdays on this day. |
|
|
|