Donna - I too have Not felt there was a problem with how the boards work... Over time I have noticed slow spots and changes, for instance the effects of the award process..... lots of people help with that -- so when the judging is going on the critiques on the regular forum diminish --- likewise when the mentor forum began --- everyone went over to that to spend their time. Consequently less time was spent on the regular critique forums.......

It's clear to me whenever you create a new place (forum) and Need people to visit -- many people just move their time over --- not necessarily spending More time...... just splitting what they do -- this is what I meant Aaron - when I said the people disperse......

before I was recording and writing music - I spent much more time on the lyric forum -- now it makes more sense to spend it on the mp3 -- there are only so many hours in a day - critiquing a lyric - sometime takes more time than a song in progress - imho

More solid constructive critiques on the regular board - rather than a mentoring forum - makes much more sense to me --- I also believe that this will draw the quality writers and musicians In........we seem to attract many beginner writers - they all need services -- it would seem like the mentors - could and should critique there -- and then hopefully draw in clients for a win win......situation

jm


perfection is unattainable, excellence is totally within reach

http://www.youtube.com/joicemarie
http://www.myspace.com/lemonmcfartney