|
6 members (Guy E. Trepanier, Gary E. Andrews, texritter, Michael W. Brown, 2 invisible),
42,801
guests, and
5,919
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 3,831 Likes: 2
Top 100 Poster
|
OP
Top 100 Poster
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 3,831 Likes: 2 |
Hi again Dan, You've pointed out something I wondered about...the lyric starts off in the middle of "the action." That's how you want to begin a movie...you know...hook the audience in. In film, you've got 10 whole minutes to do that before you lose your audience. In songs, I have no idea how long we have....lol! 10 seconds?? I see what you're saying about knowing about the story. We can't care about him if we don't know him...but at the same time, I want the song to be universal. I want it to apply to any dream people may be having and trying to reach. Could be winning a game, quitting smoking, drinking, getting a new job...whatever. I want it to apply to it all. The verse you pointed out below is too vague and my chance to stick in what you are missing. I could add that info to V1 as well like you are suggesting to build up to it. It’s hard to breathe When you’re afraid But I know you’ve got So much more to say So I'll think about how to keep it universal, yet get the message of the hook across. I appreciate your time and thoughts regarding this! It makes me think and go deeper...stretch the mind!  Kristi
A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself. What a man can be, he must be. -- Abraham Maslow, American Psychologist
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,099
Posts1,185,823
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|