It is very slow to load - I listened to about 1 1/2 verses and gave up.

A different singer might be a good idea. This one sounds as if he is trying too hard, although he has a voice. I don't think it is a Brad Paisley song.

It is a sad story, as are a lot of other song lyrics. I am not particularly fond of your hook. "Finish" doesn't work well as the concluding word of the hook IMHO. Better to say something like What else is left? - a word that can be drawn out - rather than one that ends on an abrupt syllable with a sh on the end.

The word diminished sounds like a contrived rhyme.

I think the production is good. It does not sound like a Nashville song FWIW. If you sorted the lyrics and got a different singer, you would have a good song.

All of this is just my opinion.

Good Luck.


Colin

I try to critique as if you mean business.....

http://colinwardmusic.com/

http://rosewoodcreekband.com/