|
7 members (texritter, Guy E. Trepanier, Everett Adams, Michael W. Brown, Gary E. Andrews, KyleCrawford, 1 invisible),
67,761
guests, and
6,019
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,639
Top 100 Poster
|
Top 100 Poster
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,639 |
Jim, I think I would agree with you that just by probability alone, the best "talent" probably has not risen to prominence but I'm not talking about "potential". I could be wrong of course but do you think there was someone much better than Beethoven in his age who we never heard of? To write at that level, he would need support from the wealthy and the professional musicians of the day who presented the concerts. So being in the "Nashville" of classical music, which was probably Vienna, was almost a requirement just to get a chance to write. The Eagles needed the collaboration of many to make the amazing songs they created. I think that raw talent without some kind of collaboration would never be heard even locally. Even you have your band, and I bet you appreciated them. I spent a couple of hours today laying down some tracks on a new song and it is as tedious as hell. I hate it compared to that summer in Nashville when I had 4 session musicians "reading my mind". I think the very best music may very well rise to prominence most of the time because it takes so much collaboration for the really good stuff to come together. But if Mike Dunbar is correct, somewhere in the back hills of Kentucky, there is probably a little bluegrass band turning out gems we will never hear.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,067
Posts1,185,738
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sometimes reaching a goal earlier than planned is a great achievement. It shows you have worked hard, pushed ahead and made it happen. However, sometimes reaching a goal far past your original deadline, long after you wanted to complete it, and after the accolades you might once have gotten for the achievement are over, it is an even greater achievement. This shows you never gave up, due to adversity, deficit, criticism and those little life detours that end many dreams and goals. In many ways, this is a reason for even more pride!" -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|