|
6 members (texritter, bennash, Michael W. Brown, Everett Adams, 2 invisible),
65,182
guests, and
6,107
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,997
Top 20 Poster
|
Top 20 Poster
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,997 |
K now I'm smiling again  Thanks, well I can tell you weren't mad, I just had to come back out you like a little kid would  It worked at one time lol and i hoped the simplicity and honesty of it would work again. I know you were more upset really and it's clear from your responses that there's a few things going with you. Some more than just this thread and my feedback. Could be other musical stuff and life in general.. Even just our own self doubts and worth can do a number on us. I can't begin tell you how worthless I have been feeling for quite some time... But often i find comfort here. I hope you do and can as well. I know about your child and can only imagine the difficulties that can bring every waking moment. Also just this music stuff or doing ANYTHING at all. I was just admiring a line from a Sinatra song the other day "That's Life" It's says "Some people get there kicks just stomping on a dream"  Boy oh boy what a line.... But I think you are liked loved and respected by many I'm sure and many here I know. Just give it all a chance to show..I like that you said "Encouraged to quit" Anyone who does that to me just gave me more motivation than I could EVER thank them for...  I always say play into your strengths and build up your weakness. That's while you'll get the "you sang lovely as usual" kind of comments... Hey singing is second to last place on my "what i do well list" Last night I decide for fun to search for myself on my Roku Box. the One that gives me Netflix. I found the band I was in a few months ago and got a big kick out of it.. here I was on the radio box player with my favorite all time artists and bands Funny right? So last night I put my name and there I was... Oh man I was shocked.. Artist - Mike Caro What was it? One song, Louis Twinn's "Angel In Her Room" the one he did with Ian... So there I am SINGING!!!! A couple of spots I was lovely just divine lol and others I wanted to hang myself now hearing it... Hey I'm not even an ARTIST! lol But I have since improved also the key got me a bit, (excuse) but some truth to that... I'll leave off with a direct piece of musical advice that can be used DIRECTLY into what you do,, It's not a theory.. But a trick, a secret.. Ready?  Come up with and sing your verse melody to the first two lines etc... get it down recorded and stop. Walk away for a day OR go just go listen to another song or so all together for a a little while and get another one in your head... Then come back, do NOT listen to what you sang and come up with a completely different melody/phrasing all together.  This works for me many times... I make two songs out of one verse, that's how i get the extra hook.. ssssshhhh! Don't tell anybody. Okay I'll talk to ya soon. I knew we were okay but had to hear it  I get very emotional as well. At least 80% of me is... ssshhh on that too! LOL Mike
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,072
Posts1,185,746
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|