Originally Posted by BIG JIM MERRILEES
Stevie I will keep my principles no prob.....thanks.......I just cannot get my head around the double standards of people who claim to be Christians yet support capitalism.... is it not a tad hypocritical when according to the Bible Jesus himself was a Socialist sharing everything each to his need and making rich people sell or give away ALL their wealth.


Jim,

So now I'm a hypocrite. I don't claim to be a Christian, I am one. Please read the post above my post to you for an explanation of what Jesus was saying about selling off all your possessions and giving to the poor. Then read the part before and after the passage about the rich young man. Jesus was not a Socialist, that term /concept didn't even exist back then and that's not what he was saying. Socialism is a form of governent. Jesus did not address governmental issues, only issues of the heart. Big difference. Many of his supporters were rich but they did not put their riches above their trust in God. Oh my, I'm trying to debate scriptural Christianity with an Atheist. Major disconnect.

Stevie


I'm the only person here who is not unique.