Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 4,172 Likes: 8
Top 100 Poster
|
Top 100 Poster
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 4,172 Likes: 8 |
For me personally, this would possibly make this board not work for me and that makes me sad.
I work in all genres. I have songs that cross genres. I do background vocals, I once had a country song, a folk song, a pop song and a children's song all on the board at the same time. How would I keep up with all of that?
Where would I post my children's songs?
How would I get more professional folks or even folks who have listened to me and commented before to listen to my songs and give me advice if they are only posting in one genre and never come to look in the genre my song is posted in?
If JPF was set up this way when I first began, I never would grown. Being exposed to many types and styles of music has opened my eyes and has been so inspirational.
One of the things I dislike about Soundclick is that it forces me to catagorize my music, somtimes in a pre-collaborative state, I'm not a hundred percent sure what genre the song will sit best in.
I can find a Michael LeBlanc lyric that he is doing as a cajun country style song and re-do it into a whole new genre, but it is only because we are on a mixed board where we are exposed to each others music.
The issue here is more that the amateurs are on this board and you want the more professional folks to come here. If we turn them away from wanting to join by the way things are, then can't they have their own place, a totally pro MP3 thread so that they don't get their ears assaulted by our amateur attempts?
For me, this mixed MP3 board is where I have learned so much about so many things. I don't want my mentors seperated from me.
Another example is the Muse, they have a seperate thread for Instrumentals. I haven't been there in months, I only have time for the songs board, but I love listening to Instrumentals, but to be honest, I sometimes forget about it....that would be like saying that John Schick will be put into Instrumentals, I would be so busy tracking my songs in each seperate catagory, I would lose track of him, his songs....that doesn't make me very happy at all.
Tammy
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,064
Posts1,185,735
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sometimes reaching a goal earlier than planned is a great achievement. It shows you have worked hard, pushed ahead and made it happen. However, sometimes reaching a goal far past your original deadline, long after you wanted to complete it, and after the accolades you might once have gotten for the achievement are over, it is an even greater achievement. This shows you never gave up, due to adversity, deficit, criticism and those little life detours that end many dreams and goals. In many ways, this is a reason for even more pride!" -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
There are no members with birthdays on this day. |
|
|
|