|
7 members (texritter, Gary E. Andrews, KyleCrawford, Michael W. Brown, bennash, Guy E. Trepanier, 1 invisible),
26,618
guests, and
5,615
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 413
Top 500 Poster
|
Top 500 Poster
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 413 |
As for your suggestions
MP3 Feedback Forum: Country, Christian and Similar Genres MP3 Feedback Forum: Pop, Rock, Rap, R&B, Electronic Genres MP3 Feedback Forum: All Other Genres
=> I don't see a need for splitting up this forum as long as there is not way too much traffic, i.e. that single posts would 'go under' too fast
Lyric 1: Finished Lyrics & Lyrics Looking for Music: No Critiques Lyric 2: Pro Lyrics Looking for Hardcore Feedback Lyric 3: Developing Writers Looking For Educational and Developmental Help and Feedback
=> how about a 'generic' Collab Forum? I often write lyrics to other people's music. That could be a good grazing ground for me ;-)
=> PRO versus 'developing writer' - I wouldn't find myself there. I wouldn't call myself a pro since I don't make money with writing lyrics (none to speak of), on the other hand I've written lyrics since 12 years on a hobby basis.
For my personal benefit separating "country" from "everything else" would actually suffice. I read the posts saying that sometimes lyrics were used for quite unexpected genres (and it happened to several of my own lyrics as well). On the other hand typical pop lyrics (or R&B) are VERY different from country 'requirements'.
A different approach could be requiring the posts to be qualified as to their genre or the genre they are meant for.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,051
Posts1,185,700
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|