|
7 members (KyleCrawford, Gary E. Andrews, texritter, Guy E. Trepanier, Michael W. Brown, CTthomas, 1 invisible),
16,512
guests, and
5,509
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,997
Top 20 Poster
|
Top 20 Poster
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,997 |
Mike I agree with one proviso...you said your best work is better than their worst..... WRONG.....in most cases your WORST work is better that their BEST. That is what makes me really mad. That is my whole point and why I keep making it about mediocrity. These people know that they are mediocre.....why else would they fear outsiders so much.....If they were the cream then they would open their doors without fear because no others could threaten the best. Refusing to even compete with others is a sign of fear and weakness and they know it. I understand you totally Jim. I said that because it really pins the point to the wall.In other words your CD has 12 songs on it wouldn't you rather have my LIFE long best song and the best ones from others rather than your worst songs? That answer is NO... Also because I am forever humbled by music itself and never claim that I have more or better to offer.. UNLESS I'm directly up against it and then I know it from my experience not just my heart. That's what lets me know something is good or effective even if I hate it  I know countless people who can not do that. And the third reason is I think of EVERYONE and everything when I say it. Not just only the lame or weak tunes or artists. There are really good and great songwriters out there in all kinds of music. To not recognize that for me would be a sign of "cluelessnes" and I am clueless in many things but not music appreciation. If I were using Country music as an example I damn well know how friggin good a Jeffery Steel is. And I don't have to sit in a room with him to find that out  If so then I would be even more impressed. Being afraid? Knowing? I can see that but in most cases Ego & Greed are the first things that come to mind. If they could see it up close & face to face then that fear factor your talking about would or could be more present. There is always a posse around a star telling them YOU ARE GREAT And there's always an agent or lawyer or somebody explaining this "Okay ya see now the song is 100% ours as is all the publishing" Ego & Greed!PS - Thanks for that compliment 
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,049
Posts1,185,698
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|