|
7 members (texritter, Sunset Poet, bennash, Michael W. Brown, Guy E. Trepanier, Everett Adams, 1 invisible),
32,162
guests, and
5,855
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,899
Top 100 Poster
|
Top 100 Poster
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,899 |
Then you have me... I don't sing or play any instruments, I write. If I think it's ready to go, I send it off and have someone produce it that knows what they are doing.. i.e., my songs that I post are basically professional demos. I do, however, listen to a whole lot of songs in the MP3 forum that aren't what I write (country) so I'm exposed to other genres and that's not a bad thing! It all starts with the song and that's what I try to key on.
We also seem to have a core of probably 20 folks who regularly visit this forum and comment/critique, or post songs. If some of those start posting in a different forum, we most likely won't know it, then we have lost the connection we've established with them (the social aspect). Stevie and Doug (Christian) and John (classical intrumental) come to mind quickly. Calvin, well he's got his own genre, would need a Calvin forum!
Anyway, I like the forum as is. If you don't care for a song's presentation musically, it takes about 20 seconds to figure that out and move on to the next one. Rock on JPF!!! :)))) scotty
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,083
Posts1,185,781
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|