|
5 members (texritter, Guy E. Trepanier, Everett Adams, Michael W. Brown, 1 invisible),
67,194
guests, and
6,031
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 9,129 Likes: 99
Top 20 Poster
|
Top 20 Poster
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 9,129 Likes: 99 |
I don't know why I bother but the bible tell me if I see someone heading toward destruction and I don't warn them, I will be held accountable. Another place it tells me not to toss my pearls before swine. Is this one of the contradictions that you say are in the bible? Most of the bible( old Testament) was the history of the Jews. Most of the new Testament was written by Paul, who was a scholar, Mark, who was a Doctor, wrote much of it too, plus John and others. God wrote the ten commandments in stone, good thing He didn't write the whole bible that way, fingers of fire would not allow Him to write on paper, I would not want to lift a bible of stone. We are seeing the bible unfolding before our eyes today. The things that are happening were foretold by Jesus, including this climate change when the sea will be raging, volcanoes and earthquakes in diverse places, wars and rumours of war, famine and pestilences, they will increase and then the end of the age will come when He will set up His kingdom. There will also be a great falling away( which is happening now in affluent countries like America, Canada and Europe) and a great revival (which is happening in Africa and Asia). Sounds like another contradiction but it's not.
That's it, I'm through casting pearls. That is why I dont tell Jehovas Witness people to get away from me. I realize they believe they are helping me, and helping themselves. They dont know how to think independently, they think every religion is wrong except their own, but they seem sincere, so I treat them with respect. "Would you mind if I ask you a question" Sure, ga head knock yourself out.... "Do you think the world is seeing some troubled times"? Oh chit yet, we are screwed mama...(teehee) "well im glad you see that, because what If I told you that the Bible said this would happen" Let me tease a bit.... Well, how do you know the Bible was talking about now? The revolutionary war was pretty awful, so was the civil war, and WW1 and 2, maybe the Bible was talking about those times, and not now? Smiles..... they dont usually dont know what to say. lol But I see Jehova Witnesses seemingly every time I step outside. They dont wait to knock on doors any more they hang around street corners. I had a young kid, must of been 15 years old come up to me, hand me a leaflet, and said. "I just want you to know Jesus loves you" Again, I thought it took alot of courage to do that so I smiled at him and said thanks, Nice to have him on my team. One time I saw a really pretty girl walking down the street with a bible in her hand, she wasnt Jehova, but Born again. I ended up writing a song about the incident, if I can find it ill post it. But you do have realize faith is an internal thing, and no logic can support it, it's an instinct and a feeling. If you argue with somebody preaching logic, you're gonna lose every time. The two weren't meant to be compared.
Last edited by Fdemetrio; 10/02/19 10:48 AM.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,067
Posts1,185,738
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sometimes reaching a goal earlier than planned is a great achievement. It shows you have worked hard, pushed ahead and made it happen. However, sometimes reaching a goal far past your original deadline, long after you wanted to complete it, and after the accolades you might once have gotten for the achievement are over, it is an even greater achievement. This shows you never gave up, due to adversity, deficit, criticism and those little life detours that end many dreams and goals. In many ways, this is a reason for even more pride!" -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|