Hi, Brian,

GOOD for you for really taking care of yourself!! Bravo smile
Don't give up...even if you do gain a bit at first.

Here are the "hidden" thngs that can sometimes get in the way:

--too much sodium/salt. I have to really watch this...or I retain lots of water. I can't drink diet drinks any more, because they make me retain water too much.

-- too much bread/carbs..I have to limit my carbhydrates in order to lose weight...Everyone is different...but some of us seem to have an intolerance for carbs, and don't lose weight as easily when we have too much of that.

It has taken me over a year to lose about 27 pounds, and I sometimes get pretty impatient and discouraged, as I have a bit more to lose!!

Weight loss isn't easy, but the time you spend taking care of yourself gives you a better life in the long run.

It is not always easy to eat well when you are on the road...but many restaurants are starting to serve more low fat meals these days.

Keep up the great work...just keep going...try new things when needed.... You are doing the right thing...investing in your health!

Emily

Last edited by Emily Sanders; 04/07/07 12:18 AM.