In my case I needed to control QUANTITIES first. Rather than trying to force myself into a "diet" focusing on simply eating consistently less is a start. Once I am used to not eating until I feel full, then I can introduce more healthy foods. I am not a big supplement fan and find it ironic that some folks will say "don't eat this and that or take pills etc.." and then suggest in the next sentence to take supplements etc. Many folks have done studies of the problems with taking more vitamins than you need per day. Excess in anything is usually bad. Too much water will kill you too.

Calorie control is the same for me as pushing away from the table. By simply knowing I can eat X and be at a calorie count gives me a finite place to stop. I let myself eat even LESS.. but stop myself from eating MORE.

Thanks for the discussion.

Brian


Brian Austin Whitney
Founder
Just Plain Folks
jpfolkspro@gmail.com
Skype: Brian Austin Whitney
Facebook: www.facebook.com/justplainfolks

"Don't sit around and wait for success to come to you... it doesn't know the way." -Brian Austin Whitney

"It's easier to be the bigger man when you actually are..." -Brian Austin Whitney

"Sometimes all you have to do to inspire humans to greatness is to give them a reason and opportunity to do something great." -Brian Austin Whitney