I have to feel that a vast majority of these "diet" foods are worse for you that actually eating good ol' organic food. I read an interesting article in the New York times a few weeks back about food and how if it has more than 5 ingredients that you didn't put together yourself, it's a food product and therefore not good for you.

It also said don't eat anything your grandma wouldn't have considered food or cannot pronounce. Meaning todays mom's and parents were raised on food products. I thought that was interesting as well.

I have personally found that since I've started eating organic food I don't have to eat as much. I feel satisfied without being stuffed. I feel less bogged down, etc... I think my body is happier for it. I bet I'm getting more nutrition and I know I've kept my weight but lost fat (meaning it's converting to fuel and muscle).

Sodium Chloride is something your body needs, but don't buy iodized, buy non-iondized Sea Salt, it's better for you and tastes like salt should taste. That whole thing about salt being bad for you comes from a terrible study done for a heart medication done in the 50's with iodized salt where something like 5% of the patients had an issue with salt - so they concluded salt is bad.

My point is, get real food, not packaged food products. You'll eat less, you'll feel better. It's work to change the habit of eating the packaged and fast food stuff to a more natural and organic diet. But it's worth the effort. Especially if you eat meat. Buy kosher meat or grass fed non-hormone beef/meat. You'll find it cooks better and tastes better too. Same with fruits and veggies, find organic ones with no chemicals or pesticides.

Jody


Jody Whitesides
A Funky Audio Lap Dance For Your Ears!
www.jodywhitesides.com