Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
I can tell you in the case of the JPF slot I forwarded 3 names to them and 2 were rejected and one was accepted. I based my decision on who I had actually seen perform live and could vouch for as a great live performer. I picked the 3 JPF members who finished highly AND who I'd seen live. Age had no factor. We do Roadtrip showcases all around the US so we can see people perform live and we often have chances like this to give opportunities to really good live performers. It's my understanding that the winners DO get considered, but if they didn't make an offer, then either the Ourstage folks or the Newport folks passed on you. The Newport folks passed on our two submissions, not the Ourstage folks. The artist they chose from JPF was Ryan Fitzsimmons. He's a great live performer and has a shot at being one of our Live Artist of the Year nominees in the next awards based on his performances in Rhode Island and Boston during our last Roadtrip to that region. Had I seen you perform live I certainly would have considered you. I did a lot of voting (over 5000 times) so I am quite familiar with your song and voted for it quite a bit. At that time I didn't actually realize you were a JPF member (it's pretty hard to remember 52K people), (I had asked in the newsletter and on here many times for folks to let me know if they were in the running). Going forward I will know, at least, that you're a JPF member should another opportunity come up. And if we tour through your area, hopefully you can come out and perform which would make it easier to recommend you for opportunities.
Brian
Brian Austin Whitney Founder Just Plain Folks jpfolkspro@gmail.com Skype: Brian Austin Whitney Facebook: www.facebook.com/justplainfolks
"Don't sit around and wait for success to come to you... it doesn't know the way." -Brian Austin Whitney
"It's easier to be the bigger man when you actually are..." -Brian Austin Whitney
"Sometimes all you have to do to inspire humans to greatness is to give them a reason and opportunity to do something great." -Brian Austin Whitney
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney