Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
Ok I feel violated. I was just listening to and judging songs on OurStage and I was on the spiritual/Christan channel. I ran into a song that had a picture of Jesus and a man holding each other in a very provacative sexual nature. I thought....well maybe it is just an artsy picture, but somehow the look of a mans lips on Jesus's neck in a sexual way was just not setting well. ugh!
So I went on and listened further to the song, and to my horror has says in the lyric line "only Jesus knows my secret place" and then it going on to say ...its in my b...t! and then he says he makes me cu....(use your imagination) And this guy was dead serious with his song. No one had left any comment. I found this to be extremely offensive. So have any of you come across something grahic? Do you report it? And I realize people have the right to sing what they want. But this is not Christianity. And reguardless of the genre I didn't think you should refer to anal sex like that, much less with Jesus. Lord have mercy. I need to go and renew my mind. I may have to go to another channel for awhile. No one has removed the song yet. Hmmm,.
I am not sure how often someone checks the mail on that site.
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
"Sometimes reaching a goal earlier than planned is a great achievement. It shows you have worked hard, pushed ahead and made it happen. However, sometimes reaching a goal far past your original deadline, long after you wanted to complete it, and after the accolades you might once have gotten for the achievement are over, it is an even greater achievement. This shows you never gave up, due to adversity, deficit, criticism and those little life detours that end many dreams and goals. In many ways, this is a reason for even more pride!" -Brian Austin Whitney