As someone who has never used, and really doubt I ever would use anything like napster because from what I understand of it, it rips the originators off, I wonder how many performers moaning about it bother to put a play list in for their live performances.
I see that as a bigger rip off thing myself, as the artist is getting paid to do a gig using material they often don't have the ability to write themselves. Or they know they need to play at a gig to attract enough people to listen to their own stuff as well.
Looking for bands to do my stuff, I find very few who submit playlists at all.
Considering the amount of live gigs going on around the world, it sure adds up I am sure, and considering it cost the performer nothing other than the time to submit a play list.
Then there is the recently reported piece from the copyright bodies of writer/artists top loading their play list with their own material to get a bigger live performance check from said bodies. That is a bit of a bummer too.
Graham

------------------
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/grahamhendersonmusic.htm