|
7 members (Andy K, Gary E. Andrews, Bill Draper, Michael W. Brown, bennash, 2 invisible),
48,845
guests, and
6,196
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 7,169 Likes: 29
Top 40 Poster
|
Top 40 Poster
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 7,169 Likes: 29 |
Maybe I am old fashion but I just can't "take" someone elses property without paying for it or asking for it.If someone offers something for free with no strings attached,then I feel that I may insult them if I refuse to take it.If everyone took this attitude,what a great world we would live in.
I don't mean to sound holier than thou,as a youth I "took" my share of things(small things)without permission.I regret that now but then I was thinking as a child.Now,as an adult,I know that I have no right to "take" other peoples property without paying for it and at the price that they are willing to sell it for,that applies to music or a car or house.I will try to get the best deal I can but that does not include the five finger discount.
If someone writes and records a song that I like well enough to want to own a copy of it, then I should be willing to pay for it.You don't steal from your friends or people that do nice things for you that please you.Heck, you shouldn't steal period,even from your enemies.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,101
Posts1,185,833
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|