|
8 members (texritter, KyleCrawford, Gary E. Andrews, Michael W. Brown, bennash, Guy E. Trepanier, CTthomas, 1 invisible),
22,481
guests, and
5,592
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 13,618
Top 10 Poster
|
Top 10 Poster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 13,618 |
One of our papers had a feature article on Kazaa this weekend and on reading it I did the check out on the net. Downloaded the program and did a search for a song i have been looking for for a long time to no avail. Found it, and it told me the song was in fact on an album and which one. I didn't download and won't as I still think it is wrong to do so, but it did give me another place to look. I can now asklisteners o my show if any have the album. My search on the local record shop data base came up with nothing, but now knowing the album it is or wsa on, I can do a more refined search, or write to the record company and ask them if it is available. Plus do a search of the old record and /or sheet music outlets. To me. The site is another search tool even though I don't feel I will ever see the right in doing the actual download. I guess it is all up to the individual ewhat level is within the bounds of fair use. And the copyright holder to tell them if they got it right or not. Regards. Graham ------------------ http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/grahamhendersonmusic.htm
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,051
Posts1,185,700
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|