|
7 members (Michael W. Brown, Everett Adams, bennash, Gary E. Andrews, texritter, 2 invisible),
65,504
guests, and
5,649
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/29/26 02:00 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 469
Serious Contributor
|
Serious Contributor
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 469 |
Steggy, your post is a great example of the mindset of those who have no respect for the intellectual property of others (I suspect this is the mindset of the majority of "file sharers")... <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Steggy: I don't feel bad about my d/ling. It's very useful to me. I have millions of songs at my hand by the clicking of a mouse. Most of these I wouldn't be able to go to the record store and find anymore. </font> I can understand downloading a song that you simply can't find at some retail outlet. There are probably many examples of this but I doubt that this case accounts for the vast majority of downloads. It would be nice if there was a way to compensate the people involved in creating the rare song(s) but I can understand why you'd want to download a song like this for your collection. What's most telling about your statement is that downloading is very useful to YOU. That pretty much says it all doesn't it? <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> I buy the records of artist I like and can respect as people. If the industry would start putting out quailty music and artist sales would go up.
I'm not gonna give my money to some artist who prances around in next to nothing and lipsyncs.</font> So now it's up to you to decide who deserves to get paid and who doesn't? If you buy the music of the artists you like and respect, do you delete the music of those who prance around and lipsync or those you don't like and respect? Somehow I don't get that impression from you given the "millions" of songs you have downloaded. Indeed, it has little or nothing to do with who "deserves" to get paid does it? You and the other downloaders just choose to use that as an excuse to help yourselves to the property of others. It would be more understandable if you were honestly trying to "preview" a song but again, you only buy the ones by artists you like and respect. What happens to the other songs? If you don't feel bad about downloading music, I hope it won't bother you if you end up getting caught and being sued. Somehow, I doubt that you'll see it that way though.
Van Borden a.k.a. Buzz Grudge
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,056
Posts1,185,712
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"If you are stuck in your musical composing, be unreasonable. Change your environment. If you are stuck in your lyrical efforts, instead of forcing the same old words out, force yourself to do unreasonable things." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|