|
8 members (Fdemetrio, Michael W. Brown, Sunset Poet, texritter, bennash, Gary E. Andrews, Everett Adams, 1 invisible),
37,406
guests, and
5,868
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Toxic
by Rob B. - 10/04/26 02:16 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 20,016 Likes: 34
Top 10 Poster
|
Top 10 Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 20,016 Likes: 34 |
Andrew,
I've spent some time looking into the Ayers connection (which ironically was first raised by Hillary Clinton) and there's actually MORE to it rather than less I think. And the ACORN connection, for me, is the most disturbing connection of all. I haven't seen any evidence that Obama has distanced himself from ACORN.
Now, beyond that, I agree with you that things are clearly in Obama's favor. I actually called the election for Obama myself before the VP announcement was made for Palin. I think Palin and Obama are both unqualified to be president, so voting for McCain because of Palin alone is pretty shortsighted. Then again, Obama matched directly to Palin really illustrates some fundamental problems I have with him being qualified as well. So yes, I very much doubt McCain (especially with his latest stupid move to support this bailout bill) has much of a chance. But we're one little scandal or event away from the polls shifting the other way. It's happened over and over. McCain a few weeks ago had nealry a double digit lead across most of the key swing states. So I don't think it's over. And I think this Acorn relationship is the first substantive smoking gun to come up with Obama. As much as you read, I am a bit surprised you're not more aware of the deepening issues around it. It really hits the core of a lot of this financial crises.
That said, I still think the more interesting question is: What happens if, come election day, Obama loses? It's clear the media is in the tank for Obama. Even left wing comedians are making fun of it. Add racial tension to that powder keg (a whole other topic) and the tension from previous close elections and I think the interesting question is what happens if he loses?
If he wins, I think we already know what will happen. We need look no further than the democraticly controlled house and senate. They've already demonstrated what that will look like. If you like the job they are doing, then you should be very happy. If you think they haven't done a good job, then you should be very disappointed. Either way, we'll get more of what they've done the last two years. (Some will suggest they haven't done anything others apparently are ecstatic with the job they are doing, though polls show less than 10% approve of the job they've done.. so I don't know what so many of them are voting for more of it exactly?).
I'd be very happy if we removed 100% of the incumbents up for election. Let's let new folks take a shot at this. If we keep the same old people, we can't be surprised when they keep doing the same old thing. I've never viewed McCain as being the same as Bush, but certainly both he and Biden are part of the old problem happening in the Senate.. I don't think either are up for election though right?
Brian
Brian Austin Whitney Founder Just Plain Folks jpfolkspro@gmail.com Skype: Brian Austin Whitney Facebook: www.facebook.com/justplainfolks"Don't sit around and wait for success to come to you... it doesn't know the way." -Brian Austin Whitney "It's easier to be the bigger man when you actually are..." -Brian Austin Whitney "Sometimes all you have to do to inspire humans to greatness is to give them a reason and opportunity to do something great." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,094
Posts1,185,797
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"The great thing about a dream come true, is that it is born with a great appetite. That appetite keeps it growing and evolving and it swallows up all those other dreams you have and spits them back out as reality as well." -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|