|
8 members (Fdemetrio, Irwin, Gary E. Andrews, bennash, Michael W. Brown, Everett Adams, 2 invisible),
88,702
guests, and
5,790
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Love Bomb
by Michael W. Brown - 10/10/26 08:09 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Goldroom
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/08/26 01:40 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
SOMA
by Gary E. Andrews - 10/07/26 11:11 PM
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,639
Top 100 Poster
|
Top 100 Poster
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,639 |
I was thinking today that if I just bought stock in companies I believed in, I would be doing very well even today. Costco is a company I know and admire. I haven't checked it's stock prices but their business in booming as is Walmart, a company I don't particularly admire- at least not since Sam Walton died. For some reason Burger King is doing very well. Star Bucks? They are closing 600 stores. The unemployment figures are going to go through the roof and the homeless population is going to explode just when states who depend on property taxes are losing revenue because of falling house prices.
I am very fortunate to live where I do. There is barely a change in house prices and employment is high. We are sitting on top of the Barnett Shale and almost every single homeowner in Tarrant County has the mineral rights. Our department secretary told me yesterday that their homeowners association just signed with a natural gas driller for $27,000 per acre. That means every homeowner will be paid that amount per acre just to sign. (They had 4 lawyers in that association), We signed a year ago and got only $4500.00 for our 3 year lease agreement. When they start pumping we will get 23% of the wholesale price of the gas. That can yield anywhere between a couple hundred dollars a month to $1500 per acre. A lot of poor dirt farmers with land around here became millionaires. I like that- it is very grass roots and democratic. The Barnett Shale is expected to last 40 to 80 years.
So I just want to say publicly that I am grateful for what I have; a healthy family, a good job, health insurance, even a little treasure under the porch. I will not ignore a homeless person because except for the grace of God, that's me.
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,107
Posts1,185,853
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"First came if only? Then came what if? After that I'll bet. Next was just maybe. Followed by Aha, I thought so! And eventually, okay, what next!" -Brian Austin Whitney on the stages of creativity and Just Plain Folks.
|
|
|
|