Interesting switch in your argument Big Jim

Now we're not talking about the quality of her music, or her entertainment value, now your saying her fans are idiots for buying into her hype.

Not only that, they continue to be blindsided by the sizzle as they buy more, and continue to be idiots as she releases more music.

Using your argument, Beatlemania was invented by the press (true) ...and we were idiots for buying into that hype. Certainly many of our parents thought so..as they continued to revere Sinatra and Torme.

Again...she's not appealing to your demographis, and that's fine. It's the way a mass market works. Just don't assume that the segment of a population that buys her music is stupid for doing so.

I judge her simply by what she has accomplished.

She's all over the media, has generated lots of music sales, and continues to capture a lot of attention that she uses to generate more sales. By any definition of "business", and in particular "the music business", she's a success. The fact that you don't think she's any good, or that I find her "interesting" is meaningless given her results.

It only proves what we've known all along. Music and entertainment is subjective...so you're right when you say you don't like her. Just don't assume your taste is universal, or that those who don't share your taste are fools.





If writing ever becomes work I think I'm going to have to stop