|
7 members (texritter, Guy E. Trepanier, Everett Adams, Michael W. Brown, Gary E. Andrews, KyleCrawford, 1 invisible),
70,971
guests, and
6,008
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
Welcome to the Just Plain Folks forums! You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest which gives you limited access to most of our discussions and to other features.
By joining our free community you will have access to post and respond to topics, communicate privately with our users (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free; so please join our community today!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:39 PM
|
Afro Pop
by Raymond Byabazaire - 10/01/26 12:38 PM
|
|
|
|
|
Gone
by Michael W. Brown - 09/30/26 07:17 PM
|
|
|
Mara Cole
by Gary E. Andrews - 09/30/26 01:32 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 12,225 Likes: 54
Top 10 Poster
|
Top 10 Poster
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 12,225 Likes: 54 |
Thank you for bringing an end to this discussion Big Jim, because you've boiled down your argument to its weakest element.
Your personal opinion of her music, her talent, its content etc, is only that...your subjective opinion. I'll add it is as valid as anyone else's opinion that runs contrary to yours...and I'll even concede that with your experience, it deserves more credence than opinions from those with less exposure.
But your opinion is still merely that...your opinion.
The problem is that you assert that your opinion as fact, a universal fact. In reality, it is merely a "value judgement"
I would not have challenged you if you said...in my opinion, LGG is a talentless hack who does not deserve to be where she is. Everyone is on your case because you say, as if it is fact, she's a talentless hack who does not deserve to be where she is.
Its kinda like libel. I can always say, "in my opinion, Big Jim Merrilees is a lying thieving syphillic cheat with delusions of musical competence", but I cannot state it as fact. People can then take my opinion for what it's worth.... a sackful of excrement.
Now your statements concerning the behaviour of the industry...those are far less subjective.
And I suppose you are right in that I am defending her talent via her results and not via her substance. But I did try that and your value judgement would not accept it. So I mentioned results to say a lot of people voted with their pockets...so they certainly appreciate her entertainment value....but you basically said those people are mindless fools
If writing ever becomes work I think I'm going to have to stop
|
|
|
|
We would like to keep the membership in Just Plain Folks FREE! Your donation helps support the many programs we offer including Road Trips and the Music Awards.
|
|
|
Forums118
Topics129,067
Posts1,185,738
Members21,480
| |
Most Online236,505 Jul 1st, 2026
|
|
|
"Sometimes reaching a goal earlier than planned is a great achievement. It shows you have worked hard, pushed ahead and made it happen. However, sometimes reaching a goal far past your original deadline, long after you wanted to complete it, and after the accolades you might once have gotten for the achievement are over, it is an even greater achievement. This shows you never gave up, due to adversity, deficit, criticism and those little life detours that end many dreams and goals. In many ways, this is a reason for even more pride!" -Brian Austin Whitney
|
|
|
|